There may be instances when glass visor becomes cracked or dirty. The plastic visor can be broken due to helmet falling down. When the visor on the full face motorcycle helmet does crack, or break, replacing the visor on the motorcycle helmet is a great way to save your money in the cost of replacing the entire helmet.
Steps to change Glass Visor in Helmet
- 1) Purchase New Original Glass Visor : When you notice that there is a crack in your full face motorcycle helmet you must fix it immediately. Trying to use it while it is cracked can lead to serious risks. Take the helmet into the motorcycle shop and purchase the same type of glass visor.
- 2) Remove Old Glass Visor : If your helmet has a sun shield included on it, this will need to be removed first. After removing sun shield, we will try to remove the pivot mechanism that allows you to raise and lower the glass visor. This pivot mechanism can be easily removed by small flat bladed screwdriver. (Shown in Video)
- With the pivot mechanism free of glass visor, you can pull the visor away from the helmet. Grab the visor in the middle and pull straight up. (Shown in Video)
- 3) Install New Glass Visor : Installing new glass visor follow same path but in reverse way of removing the old visor. You can easily replace the new visor as shown in video. Slide the new plastic visor into position and lock it into place on the pivot mechanism.
- 4) Clean New Glass Visor : To finish off replacing the plastic visor on your helmet, you must clean it with lint free cloth. Do not use any type of cleaner as it may streak the visor.
- 1) You should not use any type of tool which make scratch on the surface of the visor.
- 2) You should be sure of the right size of glass visor of helmet before ordering one.
- 3) Never choose black glass visor as it is hard to ride a motorcycle or scooter with a dark glass shield at night.
- 4) It is dangerous to drill holes or to cut the shell and/ or the shock absorbing liner of Helmet. Modification can weaken the helmet.
- 5) If you find cracks or damage, stop using the helmet immediately.
- 6) If your glass shield becomes scratched or uncleanable, replace them with new ones. Impaired visibility may cause problems.
- 7) Clean glass shield only with mild soap diluted in tap water. Rinse well with clean tap water, and dry with a soft cloth.
- 8) Never ride without making sure that the chinstrap is correctly fastened and adjusted and properly positioned. Never open the chinstrap while riding.
- 9) Riding without the face shield can result in hazards to the eyes and face from dust, insects and other flying objects.
Helmet are just no way to save you from traffic fine on road but it should be your protection and it should be enough strong to protect you from any hazard. Helmet must be mandatory for you and your family to wear even if the distance being travelled is less than a kilometer.